Student Ministries of Grace (SMoG) is our intentional ministry for our covenant children in Junior High and High School, and their families.
The SMoG ministry exists to assist the parents of GCPC’s covenant children in the Christian nurture of students in 6th – 8th grade (Junior High) and 9th – 12th grade (High School), by providing an environment in which we shepherd our youth by
- teaching them the doctrines of our religion
- praying with and for them
- providing them with opportunities to encourage and exhort one another
- equipping and empowering adults (not just parents) to mentor and disciple our students
- encouraging our students to fully participate in the life of the Church by providing opportunities for inter-generational ministry in which our students minister to others outside the “youth group” and many from the church minister to our students
- providing opportunities for students to serve together outside the church, such as in mission trips or service projects
WHAT DO WE DO?
SUNDAY MORNING CHRISTIAN EDUCATION
Classes meet at 9:30 am
- The high school class meets in our Martin Luther classroom and this fall will be going through an overview of the Old Testament.
- The middle school class meets in our John Calvin classroom and this fall is starting a four-year study of systematic theology.
*Sunday morning Christian education is currently not meeting due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
ROOTS: BI-WEEKLY GATHERINGS
A time of fellowship, teaching, discussion, and prayer (usually at the Church) the first and third Wednesdays of every month during the school year from 7-8:30 pm in Westminster Hall.
*Roots is currently meeting over Zoom until we can determine when it will be best to meet in person again. If you would like information on any one of our small groups, please contact Andrew Sarnicki at email@example.com.
Summer Study Update (2020):
Roots will continue to meet over the Summer, going through the following books:
6th grade boys and girls: “The Hole in Our Holiness” by Kevin DeYoung
7th/8th grade boys: “Thoughts For Young Men” by J.C. Ryle
7th/8th grade girls: “Who He Says I Am” by Jean Gaffin
9th-12th grade guys and girls: “The Enemy Within” by Kris Lundgaard
SUMMER EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES:
High School Game/Movie Night: Friday, July 3 at 6:00pm at GCPC. Pizza and drinks will be provided.
High School Lake Day: Saturday, July 11 at 3:00pm. Pizza, snacks, and drinks will be provided.
Middle School Sports Day at Heritage Trace: Saturday, July 25 at 5:00pm. Pizza and drinks will be provided.
Summer Cookout: Saturday, August 1 at 5:00pm at GCPC. Food and drinks will be provided.
If you would like to receive text updates on SMoG, please sign up for our Remind group: https://www.remind.com/join/8g43a3
Please email our church if you have any questions about our SMoG ministry: Click Here!