Student Ministries of Grace (SMoG) is our intentional ministry for our covenant children in Junior High and High School, and their families.
The SMoG ministry exists to assist the parents of GCPC’s covenant children in the Christian nurture of students in 6th – 8th grade (Junior High) and 9th – 12th grade (High School), by providing an environment in which we shepherd our youth by
- teaching them the doctrines of our religion
- praying with and for them
- providing them with opportunities to encourage and exhort one another
- equipping and empowering adults (not just parents) to mentor and disciple our students
- encouraging our students to fully participate in the life of the Church by providing opportunities for inter-generational ministry in which our students minister to others outside the “youth group” and many from the church minister to our students
- providing opportunities for students to serve together outside the church, such as in mission trips or service projects
WHAT DO WE DO?
SUNDAY MORNING CHRISTIAN EDUCATION
Classes meet at 9:30 am
- The middle school class meets in our Martin Luther classroom and this fall will be going through a study on the biblical theology of relationships.
- The high school class meets in our John Calvin classroom and this fall is going verse-by-verse through the book of Ephesians.
ROOTS: WEEKLY SUNDAY NIGHT GATHERINGS
A time of fellowship, teaching, discussion, and prayer (usually at the Church) from 5:30 – 7 pm in Westminster Hall
OTHER UPCOMING EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES: BIG FUN GATHERINGS (BFG)
HIGH SCHOOL MOVIE NIGHT: Saturday, September 16, from 5:30 – 9:30 pm.
MIDDLE SCHOOL MOVIE NIGHT: Saturday, September 23, from 5:30 – 8:30 pm.
WHIRLYBALL HURST: Saturday, October 7, from 6 – 8 pm.
Please email Pastor Davis Morgan if you have any questions about our SMoG ministry: Click Here!